#1 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks
  • Interests:Maine Coons

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Right now I am looking for some excellent ad quality pictures to use for our home page. For now, and for later if the need arises. Each forum article I promote to the home page will have a picture attached to it. The pic has to be the normal width, and not up and down. Oh and like I said, I will be selecting the pictures for quality and its ability to draw people to our articles. So please don't be offended if your picture isn't chosen. Especially since I may later use it if the need arises.

You can rescind your permission to use your photo(s) at any time. You can attach your favorite pics here. Then, if chosen, I will have you email me the original so I can reduce the size with little loss of quality.

Also, if anyone here ever wants to write an article for the home page, just let me know. Also, if you see a post that deserves to be on our home page, just report it with a note saying that you think it deserves to be promoted. Once I get the report I will take it under consideration.

I am also looking for some cats to be featured on our new logo. Now for this, I will need your permission to use it forever. And you will not be able to rescind your permission. Since obviously much effort will go into making our new logo. My intention is to line up MC fancy cats across the logo bar. (Which will be bigger now. ) I will need straight on face and body shots while sitting upright. Although some can have the head facing left or right for the cats on the ends of the logo. Now I think adult or near adult cats will be best since they will be close in size. Also, background doesn't matter since the cats will be cut out. I will post some examples.

Now the two end cats may be sitting with their body facing forward or sittng left or right. I have not decided yet. You can also post shots that don't exactly fit my ideas since I could change my mind if the right pics come along.

So when you post pictures, I need to know if they are for the home page , logo, or both. Before we begin on the logo, I will confirm that I have the required permission before proceeding.

Ok I borrowed ncarver's shot to illustrate this. This would be a good pic to place on the farthest left side of the logo. If I choose sitting facing forward with the head turned.
Bella.jpg

Now if I decide to have the whole entire body turned for the 2 end cats here is an example. This one would be on the right end.
2example.jpg

This pic is not what goes along wih my idea. But I like it. A perfect example of one that does not fit the mold but may still get used. Totally straight on shots don't always look best. Oh no groan.... just noticed that the feet are missing. It was late at night when I selected this as an example... :lol
3 example.jpg

Here is another idea for looking left. A little head tilt.
6 example 6.jpg

Here is how I do not want the middle cats posed. This is my Maine Coon wannabe, Cleo. Why? The feet are missing, and need to be in the shot. The only thing that can be missing for the middle cats are the tails.

5 example.jpg

Now here is a bad shot of Teddy Bearz. It is a perfect example of both bad lighting and missing feet.

7 example.jpg

And drum roll.... This is exactly what I want, pose wise, for the middle cats. (Except for the bad lighting, the odd look on his face and holding his legs odd. I am just tired and need to work on other things. :lol )

8 example.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Just realized that we need to be careful to take shots "straight on" vs downwards. And if you can, try to pull the tail around so it wrapped around them so it is in the shot. See the pic of Teddy near the door for an example of this.

It is best to have two people around. Clicking your fingers and other distractions can help you get the right shots of their face. The second person can do all this, and help position the cat. Plus keep the light source behind you. Avoid a flash if you can, so daylight would be best. Take oodles of pictures to get that perfect shot. Good luck! :)

#3 ncarver

ncarver

Alpha cat

• 259 posts
  • 39 thanks

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

I have a lot of our "better" cat photos on Picasa Web Albums. If you want to look through there and see if there are any photos of the type you want, please do:
http://picasaweb.goo...om/normancarver

The photos have already been resized to be uploaded, so I can send you bigger originals if you find any you want. Incidentally, the photo of Bella that you are using was also resized to be uploaded to your site. It looks fine to me when I view it, but if you want to start with the original and resize that, just let me know.
  • LilyC likes this

#4 LilyC

LilyC

Grand champion

• 1,757 posts
  • 127 thanks
  • Interests:Maine Coons..duh!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Permission to use for logo or homepage.

IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG
  • candes likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Thanked by 1 Member:
candes

#5 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Permission to use for logo or homepage.

IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG

Perfect! Thank you!

#6 VA_brew

VA_brew

Premier

• 222 posts
  • 22 thanks

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Permission to use for logo or banner

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0180.JPG
  • DSCF0189.JPG

• LilyC likes this
Watch movies of my babies on YouTube: https://www.youtube....rl?feature=mhee

Thanked by 1 Member:
candes

#7 VA_brew

VA_brew

Premier

• 222 posts
  • 22 thanks

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

oops - sorry, got the portrait one of Marzen. Here's the landscape one (although its not as good...)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0184.JPG

• LilyC likes this
Watch movies of my babies on YouTube: https://www.youtube....rl?feature=mhee

Thanked by 1 Member:
candes

#8 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Nice photos VA brew! This is great! So much better than using stock photos of strangers.

I am starting to lean towards slightly tilded heads. So thanx for the tilted one.

#9 elismom

elismom

Grand champion

• 1,390 posts
  • 109 thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

POPULAR

elilogoo.JPG
Elilogoo2.JPG
Elilogoo3.JPG
elilogoo5.JPG
elilogoo4.JPG
elilogoo6.JPG
  • candes, Kmperk9 and firedancer like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thanked by 1 Member:
candes

#10 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

elilogoo.JPG

Nice picture!

Thanked by 1 Member:
elismom

#11 elismom

elismom

Grand champion

• 1,390 posts
  • 109 thanks

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

If any that I post work I can send you the originals. I did the best I could with lighting but I'm starting to think that the only way to get a perfect shot of Eli is on a surgical operating table!
I took 126 last night and about 6 came out OK.
  • candes and LilyC like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thanked by 1 Member:
candes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pictures, Photographs, Photos, Images

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users