• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#67 VA_brew

VA_brew

Premier

• 222 posts
  • 22 thanks

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

AxsMan, I need a camera like yours. Details/specs?
Watch movies of my babies on YouTube: https://www.youtube....rl?feature=mhee

#68 AxsMan

AxsMan

Alpha cat

• 298 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Interests:Maine Coons, photography, IT, walking reading, movies and Beer!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hi VA_brew Well I have a few :D, some pix were taken on my iPhone (cuz it's the camera I had with me :lol ) but most were taken on my Panasonic Lumix G3 spec here:

http://www.panasonic...5359/index.html

It's a micro 4/3 format mirrorless DSLR, making it smaller and lighter than your standard 35mm Nikons and Cannons, not to mention cheaper! I have a range of lenses for it from 14mm zooms up to 300mm telephoto, (you should double those sizes for 35mm equivalents). The 'best' lens (for shooting in the garden) is this one
http://www.panasonic...1972/index.html
its very crisp and bright, but the 14-140 I bought recently is a bit more flexible in terms of range.

I recently (like two weeks ago) upgraded to a G6 which is a good step up from the G3, has a better processor, offers more shooting modes, (including a 40 fps fast burst which is incredible) and makes getting tricky shots a bit easier. G6 spec is here:

http://www.panasonic...2140/index.html

I also have a little Lumix TZ30 which fits in a pocket but still has a decent lens and good range of zoom.

Ken Rockwell http://www.kenrockwe...your-camera.htm reckons it's not about the camera and I'm sure he's right, but having useful things like focus mode, or fast burst mode, or ev compenation under a button rather than buried in a menu, does sometimes make it easier to get the shot you want. Both the G3 and G6 have very good 'full Auto' modes where the camera does all the work for you, so you just point at what you want and fire away. Quite often this produces better result for me than when I try messing with the settings - which probably says more about my limitations than those of the camera. :D

HTH :)

Oh P.S. If you are lookig to buy a new camera, Amazon.com are pretty good on price. I bought my TZ30 from the US site and had it shipped to my hotel during a vist to vegas. The price in $$ was the same as the UK site had it in ££ so it saved me a fortune! You guys get all the best deals over there :lol
  • VA_brew likes this
There are millions of intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks
  • Interests:Maine Coons

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

I want one of VA Brews also. :2thumbsup I am just getting this done now that I sorted a few things.

#70 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

AxsMan, I need a camera like yours. Details/specs?

Yeah I asked him the same thing a while ago. :)
  • AxsMan likes this

#71 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

Oh I didn't see more pics here! Thanx gaborra. :) this is a nice spot for me to pic out pics. You know I am finally going to make a special ad bar for here in the near future. And those are nice forward shots.

Va brew, yours will be next. I am tired and yours gets an article also. Yawn... :)
  • VA_brew likes this

#72 Coonlover

Coonlover

Alpha cat

• Breeder
  • 263 posts
  • 39 thanks

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Wonderfull pics everyone, I missed this post entirely.

#73 VA_brew

VA_brew

Premier

• 222 posts
  • 22 thanks

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Oh I didn't see more pics here! Thanx gaborra. :) this is a nice spot for me to pic out pics. You know I am finally going to make a special ad bar for here in the near future. And those are nice forward shots.

Va brew, yours will be next. I am tired and yours gets an article also. Yawn... :)

If you need more let me know. I am on vacation for the next few days so time is available :-) although our home server is down so I might now have access to all the photos I have taken. And the babies are home with daddy. (I am in Idaho right now visiting relatives - your new server is awesome here too).

#74 VA_brew

VA_brew

Premier

• 222 posts
  • 22 thanks

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

And thanks Axsman. Most of mine I have done with my iPhone, but I also have a simple point and shoot cannon digital. But alas - it is not working right. It went from taking a good shot to over exposing everything within one picture and 5 minutes difference. Do not know what the deal is. I didn't change anything and I didn't drop it or anything. :-( my husband knows I want a good camera anyways, so it's a good excuse to start seriously looking!
  • AxsMan likes this

#75 AxsMan

AxsMan

Alpha cat

• 298 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • Interests:Maine Coons, photography, IT, walking reading, movies and Beer!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

if you are 'moving up' from a point and shoot, the G3, or G6 (if budget permits) are both very good choices. They offer an 'Intelligent Auto' mode where you can use them as simple point and shoots, but if you switch this off, they give you the same level of control that a full size DSLR offers. Lens choice is important and if I only had one lens it would be the new 14-140 which gives a good range of zooms and makes an excellent all rounder.

Another possibility is a 'bridge' or 'Superzoom' camera like The FZ60 or the more expensive FZ200. These dont have interchangeable lenses, but just like a pocket camera have on lens with a big zoom range. Two of my daughters have them and get on well with them. It does mean you don't have to mess about changing lenses, or have the expense of buying several! They give similar results to the G3/G6 with just a slight loss of flexibility. If there is a decent photo store near you it might be worth having a play, You'll probably get them cheaper on Amazon though, The FZ60 is currently $267 I believe.

HTH :)
  • VA_brew likes this
There are millions of intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 Sue Anstee

Sue Anstee

Kitten

• 31 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

WP_20140910_003.jpg my new baby girl aged 12 weeks called Kizmet- Kizzy to friends

vUAFqAq.jpg[1z0V.pngi

#77 RascalDog

RascalDog

Alpha cat

• 357 posts
  • 51 thanks

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

my new baby girl aged 12 weeks called Kizmet- Kizzy to friends

She is gorgeous. We need more pictures. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pictures, Photographs, Photos, Images

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users