URGENT: Another Maine Coon mix on Death Row: NYC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 katimae

katimae

Grand champion

• 690 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • Interests:Kitties & Music & Bringing other beings joy & Learning all I can learn & so much more!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

This is a sweet, gentle Maine Coon mix named Jasmine who is 11 years old. In the New York City ASPCA Boarding Facility older cats are killed first, even ones like her who were pets handed over by their owners (looks like due to a landlord issue) and well taken care of -she passed her medical exam with flying colors, not even a flea. It was marked that not only did she put up no fuss at all during that exam but that she was affectionate. Her only issue is she's overweight.

***YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE CLOSE TO NY, TRANSPORT CAN BE ARRANGED TO BRING HER TO YOU ANYWHERE!!! KIZZY WAS BROUGHT TO ME IN PA FROM NASHVILLE!!!***

Please help this sweet loving Coonie who's only crime was that her owner couldn't keep her anymore. She looks so sad and frightened huddled back in the corner in this picture. My heart breaks for her. I can't imagine a kitty living with her family for 11 years and suddenly being taken away from everything she knows and put in a little cage all alone, soon to be killed. I swear, if I didn't just get Kizzy and was having trouble with Sugar accepting her AND all these new Vet bills with Sugar being sick, I would drive into the city tonight.

Here is her facebook link which will give you further information. I do know she needs to be pulled by a rescue first and then adopted out through them but that is never a problem if you will take her!!! :
Jasmine

*Also please share this information anywhere you can. She doesn't have much time.

Attached Thumbnails

• JasminNYCDeathRow.jpg

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Max_1

Max_1

Grand champion

• Mobile Super Moderator
  • 1,757 posts
  • 152 thanks

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

I will contact NJ based Maine Coon rescue organization!
  • candes and katimae like this

#3 Coonlover

Coonlover

Alpha cat

• Breeder
  • 263 posts
  • 39 thanks

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

That poor girl, I wish I lived nearer. I will keep my fingers crossed someone will adopt her!
  • candes likes this

#4 katimae

katimae

Grand champion

• 690 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • Interests:Kitties & Music & Bringing other beings joy & Learning all I can learn & so much more!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

You do not need to live anywhere close to New York. Rescue's can hook up with rescue transportation organizations that will bring her to you no matter where you're at in the country. Imagine Homes just brought me Kizzy Bear from Nashville to NE Pennsylvania. They are amazing!!! If you will save her life, we can arrange it!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 katimae

katimae

Grand champion

• 690 posts
  • 31 thanks

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

POPULAR

:thewave :thewave :thewave

:thewave Jasmine was adopted!!! She was saved!!! :thewave

:thewave :thewave :thewave
  • candes, VA_brew, soccerzach and 2 others like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Maebsthecat

Maebsthecat

Kitten

• 74 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Interests:Urban missions, Education, Literature, Ballroom Dance and Maine Coons!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Only Maine Coons rescue is based out of northeastern NJ and will send someone out there!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 katimae

katimae

Grand champion

• 690 posts
  • 31 thanks

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thank you Maebsthecat, but this is an old post and luckily Jasmine was adopted.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users