Many mixed or pos' full breed kittens currently in shelters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 katimae

katimae

Grand champion

• 690 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • Interests:Kitties & Music & Bringing other beings joy & Learning all I can learn & so much more!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Right now in the Pennsylvania, NJ, MD area there seems to be an awful lot of Maine Coon or Maine Coon Mix kittens on Petfinder.com And of course the only way to know if any of the ones that they don't list as "mixes" are full bred is through the genetic testing now available however I was looking at some pics and there are a couple that look pretty darn pure to me.

petfinder.com is just an online site that many shelters use to list their animals so that people can look at just one place. It's a handy little tool, you can specifically put in the breed, sex, and a general age. Or they have even more specific filters down along the side.

Adopting homeless pets is always a great option! And even if they aren't full bred if you go and hang out in the shelter with them a while you may be able to tell if they have those personality traits of an MC that you're searching for! :-) I say "may" since many kitties true personalities don't shine in a shelter situation, but kittens... well, I think kittens tend to be kittens anywhere you let them roll!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Jose Antonio Tuya Jr.

Jose Antonio Tuya Jr.

Kitten

• 12 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

POPULAR

I got my Cosmo from petconnect rescue, and he was listed as a mix, but as far as i can tell, if he is a mix, it is a pureblood coon with a maine coon mix as he seems to be pretty much full maine coon, again, no genetic test, but he is all love so who cares :-)
Adopting i absolutely a wonderful way to help these kitties that need homes desperatly
  • katimae, RubyBlue88 and Phipp like this

#3 Phipp

Phipp

Kitten

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

My wife and I recently adopted 11 week old Braden from the Caroline County VA Animal Rescue/ adoption. We renamed him Tuukka, he is the Bomb! He looks all Maine Coon to me. phipp

Posted ImagePosted Image
  • Max_1 likes this

#4 Phipp

Phipp

Kitten

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Just got back from the vet. We had some concerns with Tuukka's overall health. He is too skinny 1.8Lbs @ 12 weeks, digging at his ears, pukes a little more than normal and diarrea. He's Neg for worms, parasites.and ear mites. He got his ears cleaned (filthy) nails cut (razors), poked in the butt x2 stool sample and temp. Temp normal. My little man got mad and dropped a duce on the floor! He blew us out of the room! you would thought a mountain lion just took a dump ! :cry We got him straight though. We have him on a bland I D diet (food from the vet) feeding him small portions 4-5 times a day for 7 days and then we'll slowly switch him over to Wellness brand food. He was the youngest at the shelter and judging from his eating habits he had to fight for his food. His foster mom gave him whatever was donated to eat. It will take a little time and TLC and we'll have him back to good health. So far he seems quite happy to be part of the family.PhippPosted Image
  • RascalDog and nearpass like this

#5 Phipp

Phipp

Kitten

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

This morning Tuukka ate his new food and puked it right back up! Thank God from what we read after his breakfast.Today My wife and I read the review for Hills I/d Prescription cat food the Vet sent us home with. In our opinion the reviews were VERY concerning. It's back to square one for us. Our plan is to feed him fresh cooked puree chicken, rice, mixed with Wellness brand kitten food and a little 4Life Transfer Factor Feline Complete powdered vitamins. So far so good he has tolerated his new menu and even ate all of his dinner. If you have been down this road before and would like to share your experience I'm all ears. Keeping our fingers crossed... Phipp out

#6 Paintrmann

Paintrmann

Premier

• 216 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

This morning Tuukka ate his new food and puked it right back up! Thank God from what we read after his breakfast.Today My wife and I read the review for Hills I/d Prescription cat food the Vet sent us home with. In our opinion the reviews were VERY concerning. It's back to square one for us. Our plan is to feed him fresh cooked puree chicken, rice, mixed with Wellness brand kitten food and a little 4Life Transfer Factor Feline Complete powdered vitamins. So far so good he has tolerated his new menu and even ate all of his dinner. If you have been down this road before and would like to share your experience I'm all ears. Keeping our fingers crossed... Phipp out

i have one that has a beef allergy and is kinda fussy about other foods depending on the day. And then I have another girl that eats anything I put infront of her......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users