Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I am just curious.Where do you live and does your coon got outside?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Ballard

Robin Ballard

Premier

• 155 posts
  • 20 thanks

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

I live in Maine, USA. All most every breeder has you sign a contract stating that you will not 1. declaw, 2. allow your cat to roam free outside. 3. that you will spay or neuter to get your registration papers. , and 4. be a forever home. I see pictures of coons outside and I am wondering where they are located?
  • Max_1 and Cooniesfrevr like this

#2 MelbMaines

MelbMaines

Kitten

• 29 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

POPULAR

I live in Melbourne, Australia. Most breeders here say their kittens are to be indoor companions only. We live on a very busy road, so there is no way my two are going outdoors!
  • RascalDog, Robin Ballard and Cooniesfrevr like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
Stella Diane

#3 Guest_Weasel_*

Guest_Weasel_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:49 AM

I live in the UK and my MCs go outside.
However, it is either in the back garden which has been cat-proofed, they can't get out and other cats can't get in, or they are wearing a jacket with a lead attached.
Sid is pretty good at walking to heel and will come and sit on command, we have just started training Ava.

The pic is Ava climbing our field maple successfully for the first time.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Stella Diane

#4 Trinity

Trinity

Premier

• 177 posts
  • 20 thanks

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

I live in Ireland, my husband built an enclosure for Eddie that he can get in and out of through a window in the house, I'll post a picture, I also leave him out in the garden when I'm with him, our garden is pretty safe there's only one place he can get out so I just make sure he doesn't go there, he knows he's not supposed to go over there anyway and he's pretty good

Posted Image
  • Robin Ballard likes this

Posted Image

Thanked by 1 Member:
Stella Diane

#5 stripeylove

stripeylove

Kitten

• 58 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • Interests:cats. what else?

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

I live in the UK. When I first moved house, I chose the best house with cats that go out in mind. I live in a cul de sac, and not many high speed roads close by. I have 7 cats ( I can never resist a kitten on offer ) and cannot let 6 out and keep my mc in. In the UK, our houses and back yards are a lot smaller than the USA. Although, this does cause a few problems.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140926_154835.JPG

• Max_1 likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 SunshineKitty

SunshineKitty

Alpha cat

• 455 posts
  • 52 thanks

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

I live in the US and both my cats are strictly indoors. I'm too nervous to let them outside!
  • RascalDog and Robin Ballard like this
Posted Image

Thanked by 1 Member:
Stella Diane

#7 cathy b

cathy b

Premier

• 233 posts
  • 18 thanks
  • Interests:Looking after my 4 cats. Work full time with people with learning disabilities/mental health. Son Jaymmi is now in the British Army, one Scots regiment based in Edinburgh. He is 22yrs old. He recons I replaced him with the cats. My cats are all boys, called Alfie, Boon, Oshie and Jasper.New baby Kofi coming end of Feb 15.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hi I live in the Highlands of Scotland. When I lived in the city all my boys were indoor cats. I moved to the country in January this yr and they now get out. It's a cat haven for them. I have a field opposite my house and a small wood. They love it. I never thought I would ever let them out to be honest but the improvement in their condition is amazing since they get out. I find them more content when in the house as well. Only thing is I never let them out at night. I go out with my torch at 10pm every night to call them in. I met the local police one night and they asked if I was looking for my dog. I said no it's my cats i'm looking for. They gave me a funny look. I knew what they thought. CRAZY CAT LADY. When it comes to my boys i'm proud to be CRAZY. LOL X
  • Robin Ballard and MelbMaines like this
cathy b

#8 Robin Ballard

Robin Ballard

Premier

• 155 posts
  • 20 thanks

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

I live in the UK. When I first moved house, I chose the best house with cats that go out in mind. I live in a cul de sac, and not many high speed roads close by. I have 7 cats ( I can never resist a kitten on offer ) and cannot let 6 out and keep my mc in. In the UK, our houses and back yards are a lot smaller than the USA. Although, this does cause a few problems.

Oh my gosh.....I forsee long grooming sessions in the near future!

#9 Robin Ballard

Robin Ballard

Premier

• 155 posts
  • 20 thanks

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I live in Ireland, my husband built an enclosure for Eddie that he can get in and out of through a window in the house, I'll post a picture, I also leave him out in the garden when I'm with him, our garden is pretty safe there's only one place he can get out so I just make sure he doesn't go there, he knows he's not supposed to go over there anyway and he's pretty good

Posted Image

I love the enclosure, my Ollie would love that! It is starting to get cold in Maine and only one window is open in the morning during my shower time, and she is having a fit not getting her window seat for the day.
  • Trinity likes this

#10 MelbMaines

MelbMaines

Kitten

• 29 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

Since mine are inside 24/7 I am just going to make sure they have an awesome cat tree to keep them busy (and to run off some energy). When we BUY a house though, I will be cat proofing the front and back yards so they can go out and do what they please.So long as they can't get out and other cats can't get in. I've heard a few cats right outside my bedroom window having a scrap at 3am here so.... strictly indoors for now :(

Thanked by 1 Member:
Stella Diane

#11 Jennie Fuller

Jennie Fuller

Premier

• 120 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • Interests:Cats, my 3 Great Danes, Rescue, anything computer related, Graphic Design & Interior Design

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

I only have 1 that goes outside, and it isn't often and he's always got his walking jacket on & leashed. He came from outside so occasionally I have to or he keeps trying to get out. A quick walk once a week usually keeps him satisfied. Both of my MC's came with a contract saying they were to be totally indoor only cats, as did my rescues.

Even if they didn't .. I'd be way too afraid something would happen to them outside.

A home just isn't a home without a Maine Coon .. well several Maine Coon's lol

A3Kfm5.png  e6vIm5.png 2Knxm5.png XdKYm5.pngbwCpm5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users