Photo
- - - - -

Very important message - Everyone must read this and keep it bumped.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks
  • Interests:Maine Coons

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:57 AM

The bad first... This server is no good anymore. And this just ruined my vacation week, I am feeling very cranky right now to put it mildly. Posted Image I don't get paid enough for this. (Zero) Posted Image

Tonight I realized that our server turned to junk and our UK members must have been suffering. You all should have told me!

The good news. We will be switching servers to one that works right. Expect to be busier when we have a server that can handle what it supposed to. I buy more space and resources than I need, and we should not be having issues. Good providers can turn bad, and I have seen this happen many times over. They get greedy. When they get greedy, I have to spend way too much time on technical details vs. making the site better.

When we switch, it will be tricky. We will be live on 2 servers at the same time. Basically I will tell you to stop posting on the site on the old server. If that message is gone, then you will be free to post. Will give you all a warning when I decide where we are going.

I will post better instructions and information later. And tips for helping you reach the new server faster.
You will basically have to flush your DNS and clear all your browser cookies, history files, temp files etc...

A ctrl and f5 at the same time never hurts either (clears browser cache).

Without flushing your DNS you will be awfully alone on the old server for a long while. I will provide instructions for this in another post.

#2 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:59 AM

Ok and here are instructions for flushing your DNS cache for various operating systems.

Flush DNS

And here it is for the Ipad.

How to Clear DNS Cache on the iPad

Oh almost forgot a biggie... Clear your browser cookies, temp, and history files also. Close all browser windows then reopen.

#3 candes

candes

Administrator

• Mobile Admin
  • 9,096 posts
  • 228 thanks

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:12 AM

This link will show you if we are propagated in your part of the world. If you see we are, then you should be looking at the new server. But if you still see my message to not post, then you are still looking at the old server, So my advice is for you to Flush your DNS. If you do this you should see the new sever immediately.
If you see the IP address of the old server this means that that is the one that is propagated. But if you see the new servers IP, then that one is propagated in your area. You must have Javascript enabled for that site.

Click this link after the propagation begins to watch our new servers DNs update in different parts of the world.

Global Propagation DNS Checker Map

Old server = 67.211.37.148
New server = To be determined yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users