#1 pam

pam

Kitten

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Interests:Cats dogs own a health club

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:00 AM

POPULAR

Just wanted to post a review on Inna and IronClaws . I live in New Mexico and we were looking
for a Maine Coon kitten. We quickly learned they are expensive and not always plentiful .

Found the IronClaws website (one of many we had contacted). Kitten posted was adorable so we emailed
Inna who responded immediately and arranged to purchase the kitten.

Inna was very accommodating with flights and I was very nervous wondering if this was all ok for a young
kitten to fly. We picked him up a week ago and we love this kitten. He is beautiful very social including
dogs (I have 3) and respectful to our adult (old) cat. This kitten is also to my delight very healthy
no digestive problems and loves to eat.

Just wanted to relay a good experience overall! I would buy a kitten from this breeder again.
I have read other reviews and sometimes we tend to post when we are unhappy so I wanted to post this!
  • Cooniesfrevr, Rafael, Albertanbound and 3 others like this

#2 Albertanbound

Albertanbound

Kitten

• 5 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:48 PM

That's awesome! I've been trying to contact iron claws for awhile now but no luck on hear back, did you ever get a phone number?

#3 Cdj77

Cdj77

Kitten

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

I have 2 kittens from Inna at Ironclaws. I loved the wild bigger look and thats what I was drawn to. Congocoons doesnt ship their kittens. I was put on her waiting list and waited for awhile. I checked her page regularly. I fell in love with one kitten but when I messaged her it was spoken for. Not sure how she works it, as it was all I wanted on my requirements list. So I moved on and waited. Then saw a photo of a male red Poly.. everything I didn't want. But hubby thought he was cute. Inna said my hubby had expensive taste. Then we decided we wanted 2 as I still wanted a brown classic. She asked around her customers if anyone was willing to let their kitten go to us. I guess 1 said yes as she showed me a photo of a kitten I immediately said yes to. We drove the 7 hours to Vancouver and met her at the vet. I went in early and asked the vet assistant if she was a reputable breeder. They said she was great and treated her kittens well. The kittens didn't smell the best as someone else pointed out and they were so sketchy and skittish. I chalked it up to being in a vet clinic. We gave the cash and filled out the paperwork and went on our 7hr drive home. They were so adorable on the way and I am glad she has social kittens. The brown classic is a skittish cat. Everytime there is a noise he jumps or runs and hides, doesnt like to be held, but is super playful and likes to be around us. The red tabby has the best personality. He is a social lovable goofy cat. Never uses his claws. They add so much personality to our house. I am glad I found this breed.
I am wondering about their coats though. I really wanted the big and fluffy with a big ruff. They are not,they are super silky and shorter hair with no Ruff? I see it takes some time but I just think it's not going to happen. It is just a different look than I was expecting and that Ironclaws advertises so to say. I preferred the European wild look. However I wouldn't change them for anything. So all in all I had an okay experience with her Cattery.20170206_121856.jpg 20170206_122008.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170206_121934.jpg
  • 20170206_122123.jpg

#4 mkupchin

mkupchin

Kitten

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

I want to share my Iron Claws experience.

We purchased a kitten, Regal son of Torro and Sundile, from them in December of 2014. Dealing with cattery was easy. Communication was timely; purchasing and shipping processes were well-developed and efficient.

Immediately after we received the kitten, we noticed that his right eye is constantly crying and a black goop is forming under his right eye. Our vet, Central Veterinary Clinic in Winnipeg, concluded that he has a birth defect – blocked tear ducts (especially the right one). The breeder did not inform us about this issue. Now, when I look at the photos that they sent us, I can see that his eye was carefully washed. It is kind of unpleasant, but we moved on. We were told that blocked tear ducts don’t cause any discomfort to cats.

Today our 3 years old cat is in surgery because of completely different issue. When he was about 1.5 years old, he started to limp on his rear legs. X-rays showed  severe arthritis of both joints: the left side is much worse than the right. We proceeded with non-invasive treatment like Cartrophen injections and Glukozamin syrup, but we were told that eventually the surgery will be inevitable. We spent a substantial amount on vet visits and medications, but what you can do when your loved one is getting sick?

So, today our cat is undergoing the femoral head ostectomy (FHO) surgery on his left leg. They will also try to unblock his tear ducts if they can. The cost of the surgery is about $1,500. In about a year or two, we he will have to go through the same procedure for his right leg. I just hope that he survives the surgeries and recovers well.

I understand that the rear joints arthritis may be the issue of our kitty only, but it may as well be a genetic issue of one of his parents. Just want future buyers to be aware...

Also, I understand that this forum has very strict regulations regarding false reviews. Our cat was always observed and treated at Central Veterinary Services clinic in Winnipeg (Oak Bluff). His doctors are Dr. David Snell and Dr. Samyra Stuart-Altman. The clinic has his complete medical record. I also have email history and some x-rays that can confirm my story.

#5 kittypaws

kittypaws

Kitten

• 1 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

I have 2 kittens from Inna at Ironclaws. I loved the wild bigger look and thats what I was drawn to. Congocoons doesnt ship their kittens. I was put on her waiting list and waited for awhile. I checked her page regularly. I fell in love with one kitten but when I messaged her it was spoken for. Not sure how she works it, as it was all I wanted on my requirements list. So I moved on and waited. Then saw a photo of a male red Poly.. everything I didn't want. But hubby thought he was cute. Inna said my hubby had expensive taste. Then we decided we wanted 2 as I still wanted a brown classic. She asked around her customers if anyone was willing to let their kitten go to us. I guess 1 said yes as she showed me a photo of a kitten I immediately said yes to. We drove the 7 hours to Vancouver and met her at the vet. I went in early and asked the vet assistant if she was a reputable breeder. They said she was great and treated her kittens well. The kittens didn't smell the best as someone else pointed out and they were so sketchy and skittish. I chalked it up to being in a vet clinic. We gave the cash and filled out the paperwork and went on our 7hr drive home. They were so adorable on the way and I am glad she has social kittens. The brown classic is a skittish cat. Everytime there is a noise he jumps or runs and hides, doesnt like to be held, but is super playful and likes to be around us. The red tabby has the best personality. He is a social lovable goofy cat. Never uses his claws. They add so much personality to our house. I am glad I found this breed.
I am wondering about their coats though. I really wanted the big and fluffy with a big ruff. They are not,they are super silky and shorter hair with no Ruff? I see it takes some time but I just think it's not going to happen. It is just a different look than I was expecting and that Ironclaws advertises so to say. I preferred the European wild look. However I wouldn't change them for anything. So all in all I had an okay experience with her Cattery.attachicon.gif20170206_121856.jpgattachicon.gif20170206_122008.jpg

PM sent. Nevermoind though. Wrong date. Sorry

Thanked by 1 Member:
Cdj77

#6 Ladybellac17

Ladybellac17

Kitten

• 29 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:01 AM

I am wondering about their coats though. I really wanted the big and fluffy with a big ruff. They are not,they are super silky and shorter hair with no Ruff? I see it takes some time but I just think it's not going to happen. It is just a different look than I was expecting and that Ironclaws advertises so to say. I preferred the European wild look. However I wouldn't change them for anything. So all in all I had an okay experience with her Cattery.attachicon.gif20170206_121856.jpgattachicon.gif20170206_122008.jpg

aww They are beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanked by 1 Member:
Cdj77

#7 lmcabney

lmcabney

Kitten

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

We purchased a kitten, Regal son of Torro and Sundile, from them in December of 2014. Dealing with cattery was easy. Communication was timely; purchasing and shipping processes were well-developed and efficient.

Immediately after we received the kitten, we noticed that his right eye is constantly crying and a black goop is forming under his right eye. Our vet, Central Veterinary Clinic in Winnipeg, concluded that he has a birth defect – blocked tear ducts (especially the right one). The breeder did not inform us about this issue. Now, when I look at the photos that they sent us, I can see that his eye was carefully washed. It is kind of unpleasant, but we moved on. We were told that blocked tear ducts don’t cause any discomfort to cats.

Today our 3 years old cat is in surgery because of completely different issue. When he was about 1.5 years old, he started to limp on his rear legs. X-rays showed  severe arthritis of both joints: the left side is much worse than the right. We proceeded with non-invasive treatment like Cartrophen injections and Glukozamin syrup, but we were told that eventually the surgery will be inevitable. We spent a substantial amount on vet visits and medications, but what you can do when your loved one is getting sick?

So, today our cat is undergoing the femoral head ostectomy (FHO) surgery on his left leg. They will also try to unblock his tear ducts if they can. The cost of the surgery is about $1,500. In about a year or two, we he will have to go through the same procedure for his right leg. I just hope that he survives the surgeries and recovers well.

I understand that the rear joints arthritis may be the issue of our kitty only, but it may as well be a genetic issue of one of his parents. Just want future buyers to be aware...

Also, I understand that this forum has very strict regulations regarding false reviews. Our cat was always observed and treated at Central Veterinary Services clinic in Winnipeg (Oak Bluff). His doctors are Dr. David Snell and Dr. Samyra Stuart-Altman. The clinic has his complete medical record. I also have email history and some x-rays that can confirm my story.

This is interesting I have a cat from Iron Claws and he had a fractured femoral neck and he had to have surgery.  He is an indoor cat so not too sure how he injured himself but the vet said Maine Coons are more prone to this than other cats.

#8 MAC123

MAC123

Kitten

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:42 AM

We purchased our kitten Duke from Iron Claws in the summer of 2013. Other than having a fever from being infested with fleas, he was healthy once we dealt with this issue. His parents were Iron Will and Sundial (same momma as yours). Similar to you, he also started limping around 1.5 years old. After x-rays our vet suggested FHO surgery but he had surgery on both legs at once (around $2500 + the x-rays). Duke recovered well and life went on. Tragically, we lost him a month ago at the young age of 4.5 years :( We basically had no warning other than that he started to sleep a lot and barely ate for a couple of days. We took him to the emergency vet as it was New Years Day. His body temp was extremely low and he had a heart murmur. After a blood test he was diagnosed with kidney failure...so bad that there was little they could do. The vet suggested euthanizing him as they could not treat the kidney failure due to the heart murmur (it would cause him to go into cardiac arrest). We were devastated! We had to say good bye to our sweet boy then and there. How sad that he had such a short and unhealthy life. We believe that he was suffering with kidney disease for quite some time but hid it well...poor guy! I'm new to this forum, but I can provide whatever info is required for this review. Duke went to Chase River Vet in Nanaimo since we got him, and Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital on his last day. 

• mgosselin8520 likes this

#9 mgosselin8520

mgosselin8520

Kitten

• 4 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

Just wanted to add our experience with Ironclaw.

We picked up our kitten from the aiport on April 20th at 8PM.  We noticed right away she felt underweight (We could feel and see her ribs, she was 1.1Kg at 10weeks) and her fur was dirty and smelled.  

We took her to our vet the next morning and our vet noticed right away she was badly infected (she said it was the worse she has ever seen)  as she had a large lump filled with puss and would require surgery.  We tried to get a hold of Ironclaws and couldn't so we went ahead with surgery.  Cost $600.  

On the purchase agreement it said we had 30 days of pet insurance.  I called the pet insurance number we were given and they did not have any insurance registered.

Ironclaw finally called me back the next day saying she was fine when she put her on the plane and our vet had over charged us because it should not of cost more than $200 to get her drained. (She was under for over an hour to repair a bad spay job)   Couple of days later she was oozing puss out of her stitches and we took her to an emergency vet.  They did an ultra sound to rule out a hernia and did a culture to make sure we had her on the right anti-biotics.  Turned out that she had 3 different infections and the anti-biotic that she was on only work for 2 and we needed to get a 3rd to resolve her infection. Cost $400

Ironclaws refused to pay for any of the bills.  They wanted us to send her back to Vacouver to get treatment there and only then would she pay the vet bills.  Therefore, she wan't us to be out of pocket $1200 to send her to vancouver for treatment and she would reimburse us $1000 but we couldn't keep the kitten.  

After everything she reimbursed us $500 we kept the kitten. The 30 day insurance was never set up.  

I have pictures from my vet regarding the infection and surgery if anyone would like to verify. 

Our experience has not been good.  I would not purchase another kitten from them. 

#10 Kels

Kels

Kitten

• 16 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

POPULAR

Hi guys, just wanted to give a quick review of my experience with Iron Claws.

We had been in touch with Inna for a few months prior to getting our boy. We had put down a deposit as we wanted a certain color and sex. She told us she would let us know as soon as a kitten came up with our specifications. We continuously checked our emails for a few months when we noticed that there were new kittens on the website that had the coloring and sex we desired. We were a little confused as to why we didn't get notified or "first dibs" considering we paid the downpayment but we chose our kitten and all was well. Our boy is a silver tabby and he was VERY expensive... $2,200 for a cat! People don't believe us when we tell them.... But it was worth every penny.

Winston from the get go was social, affectionate, beautiful and playful. He used his litter box within the first hour of him coming home. He cuddled with us that night and there have been almost no issues health wise (we had a bit of a diareah problem for awhile until we realized he was sensitive to chicken, he also is a bit of a loud breather but vet says he's perfectly healthy).

We are really, truly happy with our boy and besides not being notified of when the kitten we were looking for was available, everything about our purchasing experience was positive.

Before deciding if we wanted to do business with Iron Claws, we read all of these reviews and were pretty paranoid seeing some of the very negative responses. I know that sometimes things can go wrong, but I just want to ease the minds of whoever else reads this review. Everything went very well and we will definitely considering purchasing from Inna again :)

Here is Winston. He is now almost a year old and won't stop growing!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2018-05-24 03.17.29 1.jpg
  • IMG_20180525_074642.jpg
  • 2018-05-20 05.42.44 1.jpg
  • 2018-05-16 09.47.34 1.jpg

• RascalDog, Cooniesfrevr and cognitive like this

#11 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

Either this is a bathroom sink in a tiny house or he's yuge!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users