• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DannySue

DannySue

Kitten

• 21 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

My husband and I want to travel. We got Mosi from a breeder near Kansas City 4+ years ago thinking we would be content being homebodies after retirement. Circumstances change...kids move away requiring long distance travel....parents get older and need care in other state, or you just want to visit over 500 relatives around the world. Mosi doesn't travel well. She hates change. She is very cautious of strangers.....especially males. She also has pollen, dust, nitrate (in air after frying preserved meats such as bacon, bologna, hotdogs), and any cleaning aerosols in air. Zyrtec for a few days and she is good as new. Of course, eliminating all these substances and she is great.
She is a picky eater. She does have a variety of wet and dry foods she loves, but is sensitive from batch to batch. You have to be prepared to try and buy what she likes well in advance for future feedings. She has never had any elimination problems. Never had any diarrhea or UTI. She has only had her kitten series, one rabies, and one FIV vaccine in her first year. I do not vaccinate.
Mosi is a very laid back 4 year old diva. She loves watching birds and squirrels. She hates when you are gone and wants her human near 24/7. She sees strays outside and her reactions can be both positive and negative. I just never considered getting her a friend due to not vaccinating. Taking no chances.
If I can find the perfect human/home for her, I would seriously consider it.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2308.JPG
  • IMG_2336.JPG

#2 TychoPete

TychoPete

Premier

• 227 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • Interests:Cats, lost cats, Maine Coons, reading.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

Wow, I'd take Mosi in a hearbeat if I had the opportunity. Seems like she has a good home for now and sounds like you will at least keep her until she finds a new home which is nice. Mosi is gorgeous. Some of her eccentricities sound just like our own Coonies. After considerable procrastination finally went with a Feliway Diffuser, now our previously reticent anti-social girl is turning into a love bug who insists on sleeping on top of me at night - something she never did first couple of years. Good luck --- please let us know how this turns out.

-TychoPete

morgan2yrs

#3 DannySue

DannySue

Kitten

• 21 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hey Pete, I don't know if Mosi is "anti social" in the true definition. I just think she doesn't like to share her humans with guests in our home. She is curious about females, but hides when a strange male is in our home.
She is so loving and wants to help with everything we do. It is sad I cannot take her outside due to pollens, but at least I never have to give her flea treatments. She has no desire to even go out anyways.
I see you are from east Texas...my husband is from there too!

#4 sickkittytx

sickkittytx

Kitten

• 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

Is she still available?  I lost my Maine Coon last year and she reminds me so much of him.  I would treat her like a queen :)

#5 ktweten

ktweten

Kitten

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Interests:Adopting a retired Maine Coon. We have loved a dear deaf cat, so another deaf cat would be wonderful.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

We just lost our beloved Maine Coon - she came to us after a cattery was closing, but as a special needs cat.  She was deaf and a delight to us.  She was with us for almost 11 years after living with the breeder for 2 years.  We would love to adopt your sweet cat.  We are in GA.  Could you let me know if this cat is still up for adoption?  We have 3 teen daughters that miss having a cat to lavish with love, and we are missing our companion, too. 

#6 DannySue

DannySue

Kitten

• 21 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

I still have Miss Mosi. She will be 5 on December 3rd! It has been a rough year. Recently lost my mom to brain cancer.
I can’t say that Mosi is still available for sure....it would have to be the PERFECT home with PERFECT caregivers. I don’t know if it
Is even possible for her to adjust to a new home with new people? That would drive me insane wondering if I did the right thing letting her go. Mosi is a huge commitment. Are you prepared to think of her wellbeing 24/7? If you want to explore the possibility we can convo by email..... danettesteward@gmail.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rehome, adoption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users