8 replies to this topic

#1 Aspen

Aspen

Kitten

• 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is Dani. I will be getting my first purebred Maine Coon kitten in September. I was first introduced to Maine Coons by my rescue cat Ella, who I suspect was a Maine Coon mix, back in 2010. She came into my life very unexpectedly and left very unexpectedly. On July 16th she suddenly became ill and was rushed to the vet. Tests pointed toward acute liver and kidney failure and possible sepsis. Unfortunately, despite the emergency hospitals best efforts, they were unable to save her and on July 18th she passed away.

Ella was obnoxious. Constantly by my side and hated when I had to leave her to do anything. She loved going for walks and behaved on leash better than my dog. My family used to joke that she was more of a dog than the actual dog. She had the classic Maine Coon chirp and trill but when she wanted your attention she'd let you know with a deafening "MEHHHHHHHHHH!". I never knew what I wanted in a cat until I met her (and I've had many), and while I know she can never be replaced, I would like my next cat to share some of her characteristics, which is why I chose to get another Maine Coon.

On August 10th I placed a deposit on a Maine Coon kitten and on the 20th I met with the breeder and picked out a beautiful, little female brown classic torbie kitten. However, upon getting home I could not forget about her shyer, silver mackerel torbie sister. I agonized over it for a few days and finally decided she was the one and asked the breeder if I could take her instead. I was excited when she said yes.

I can't wait to bring my little "Sansa" home in September.

The first two attached photos are my Ella, who passed away in July. The second two photos are of my future little one, Sansa.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170505_175838.jpg
  • 20170624_194430.jpg
  • 20934827_10155630056909496_3817433101640063708_o.jpg
  • 20988892_10155630056719496_6804035432030144206_o.jpg

• RascalDog and cognitive like this

#2 dhartman65

dhartman65

Kitten

• 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Interests:Cats! Reading, nature, wildlife

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Hello and welcome!  Your Ella was very beautiful and sounds like quite a character!  It's so hard losing them, it seems you gave her a wonderful life.  The new baby is gorgeous!  I know you'll have lots of fun with her  :kitplay  :kitblue

Thanked by 1 Member:
Aspen

#3 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Ear and front paw size is already on the large size! What a cute kitty !!!

Thanked by 1 Member:
Aspen

#4 Paintrmann

Paintrmann

Premier

• 216 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is Dani. I will be getting my first purebred Maine Coon kitten in September. I was first introduced to Maine Coons by my rescue cat Ella, who I suspect was a Maine Coon mix, back in 2010. She came into my life very unexpectedly and left very unexpectedly. On July 16th she suddenly became ill and was rushed to the vet. Tests pointed toward acute liver and kidney failure and possible sepsis. Unfortunately, despite the emergency hospitals best efforts, they were unable to save her and on July 18th she passed away.

Ella was obnoxious. Constantly by my side and hated when I had to leave her to do anything. She loved going for walks and behaved on leash better than my dog. My family used to joke that she was more of a dog than the actual dog. She had the classic Maine Coon chirp and trill but when she wanted your attention she'd let you know with a deafening "MEHHHHHHHHHH!". I never knew what I wanted in a cat until I met her (and I've had many), and while I know she can never be replaced, I would like my next cat to share some of her characteristics, which is why I chose to get another Maine Coon.

On August 10th I placed a deposit on a Maine Coon kitten and on the 20th I met with the breeder and picked out a beautiful, little female brown classic torbie kitten. However, upon getting home I could not forget about her shyer, silver mackerel torbie sister. I agonized over it for a few days and finally decided she was the one and asked the breeder if I could take her instead. I was excited when she said yes.

I can't wait to bring my little "Sansa" home in September.

The first two attached photos are my Ella, who passed away in July. The second two photos are of my future little one, Sansa.

both a beutiful but ....the kitten has beautiful long ears and big feet, she is going to turn into a lovely adult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanked by 1 Member:
Aspen

#5 Aspen

Aspen

Kitten

• 2 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

POPULAR

Thank you everyone. I've had my Sansa home for a couple of months now. She is the most perfect little kitten. She is currently 5 months old and weighs in at 8 lbs. She's become best friends with my Border Collie and the two play with and chase each other all over the house. My mother's cat is still a bit skeptical but they get along just fine.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170924_171443.jpg
  • 20170924_171619.jpg
  • 20171001_170432.jpg
  • 20171008_182544.jpg
  • 20171105_122758.jpg
  • 20171110_174728.jpg
  • 20171110_174624.jpg

• Bluerose16, RascalDog and cognitive like this

#6 Bluerose16

Bluerose16

Alpha cat

• 255 posts
  • 23 thanks

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:27 AM

Beautiful.

Posted Image

#7 KevinC

KevinC

Kitten

• 25 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

Both cats are pretty. Great to hear the new family member is getting along with the rest of the fur family.

#8 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

The Border Collie has a priceless expression

#9 Lindabooda

Lindabooda

Kitten

• 52 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

I just wanted to say hello here. Ive wanted to learn about Gimp for some time, maybe 2014 is the year I do. Thanks for all the tutorials and posts splaining things. MrKimB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users