5 replies to this topic

#1 KevinC

KevinC

Kitten

• 25 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I recently took in a female Maine Coon. She is about 5 years old. She may be a mix but I am not 100%. Her previous home named her Ashlynn. Since "Ash" seemed fitting due to her fur coloring, we left her name as Ashlynn. The previous owner's wife had allergies to cats and could no longer keep her. The previous home knew for sure her Mom was a full Maine Coon but they were not sure of the dad.

We have had her for almost 2 weeks. She is fixed. Not declawed or anything. She is still very timid and seems to have trust issues with my wife and I. So I'll probably be creating another thread to discuss things and take in advice.

She definitely has a lot of personality. I just hope she warms up soon. By the way, this is our first cat. I am glad we found her (or maybe she found us).

She likes to stick her tongue out when she is being petted. She also liked to lay on her back and stare at me. I brush her fur and she always goes and rolls around which messes it up, lol. Here are a few pictures of her....

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg

• Bluerose16 likes this

#2 TychoPete

TychoPete

Premier

• 227 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • Interests:Cats, lost cats, Maine Coons, reading.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Ash is very pretty. Looks a lot like a Maine Coon to me. And timidity is not an unusual trait. Laying on her back, which can be a defensive posture in some cats, in Maine Coons it is just part of their typical character. There is a "Show Us Those Bellies" thread somewhere here - you should take a look.

-Tycho Pete

Thanked by 1 Member:
KevinC

#3 KevinC

KevinC

Kitten

• 25 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

I appreciate that. We are trying to overcome some issues she may be having. She sometimes doesn't like when you walk near her. She will attack that person's feet. So I usually sit and she comes to be and rubs against my leg. She is also not open to being touched by human hands just yet. If I use a brush, she loves that. But not my hand.

She won't hop on my lap just yet or anything of the sort. She also ignores her toys. Both ones that she used to have as well as new ones. She does like her scratch pad though.

Catnip seems to be not very effective.

Since this is my first cat, breaking through has been challenging.

#4 Paintrmann

Paintrmann

Premier

• 216 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:30 AM

I appreciate that. We are trying to overcome some issues she may be having. She sometimes doesn't like when you walk near her. She will attack that person's feet. So I usually sit and she comes to be and rubs against my leg. She is also not open to being touched by human hands just yet. If I use a brush, she loves that. But not my hand.

She won't hop on my lap just yet or anything of the sort. She also ignores her toys. Both ones that she used to have as well as new ones. She does like her scratch pad though.

Catnip seems to be not very effective.

Since this is my first cat, breaking through has been challenging.

Comfort Zone diffuser for cats will calm her down you can order from Chewy or amazon. We moved from one home to another in August and this stuff worked wonders, cats are not fond of change. Cats will adopt your personality my daughters are nervous she has three and has all sorts of behavioral problems but she doesn’t have MC,s.....mine are calm play together, eat together, never squabble. At somepoint during the night they all wind up on our bed. On weekends if we sleep in I will be wake up to a big fuzzy paw on my nose going tap tap! .....tap, tap, if that doesn’t work it is a cold nose in my ear......they are so funny"..........
Oh .....some advice.....
Get you kitten and at 5 years she is still pretty much a kitten......get her a playmate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 Ladybellac17

Ladybellac17

Kitten

• 35 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I recently took in a female Maine Coon. She is about 5 years old. She may be a mix but I am not 100%. Her previous home named her Ashlynn. Since "Ash" seemed fitting due to her fur coloring, we left her name as Ashlynn. The previous owner's wife had allergies to cats and could no longer keep her. The previous home knew for sure her Mom was a full Maine Coon but they were not sure of the dad.

We have had her for almost 2 weeks. She is fixed. Not declawed or anything. She is still very timid and seems to have trust issues with my wife and I. So I'll probably be creating another thread to discuss things and take in advice.

She definitely has a lot of personality. I just hope she warms up soon. By the way, this is our first cat. I am glad we found her (or maybe she found us).

She likes to stick her tongue out when she is being petted. She also liked to lay on her back and stare at me. I brush her fur and she always goes and rolls around which messes it up, lol. Here are a few pictures of her....

She is sooooo beautiful!!! She looks coonie to me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Lindabooda

Lindabooda

Kitten

• 52 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Hello every one :h: as you see I am a new member with you :w: I am odd because I am Egyptian :m: and all of you is not as me but I am confident you will meeting me nice meet your sister/Egyptian girl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users