• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mabel

Mabel

Kitten

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

Hello! I've recently adopted a deaf white maine coon called Mabel. Unfortunately due to her being deaf she absolutely cant go outside due to it being dangerous for her(also shes a bit of a dope and thinks cars are for playing with!). She seems to be getting a bit frustrated with this and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on entertaining indoor cats? Currently at night she spends a lot of time attacking cupboards/doors so we think she is getting bored on her own. She has a lot of toys/balls and we've got her multiple scratching posts and some cardboard boxes but I dont think shes finding any of it interesting enough.

As she's deaf its a bit awkward finding toys she likes because squeaky/bell toys dont really interest her and she is not a fan of catnip! Her favourite 'game' is kicking stuff off our bookshelf (toys, balls) but we aren't home constantly and so cant replace the toys for her to kick off and watch bounce around! She's allowed in all the windows and we are setting bird feeders outside to give her something to watch.

Does anyone have any advice on toys or activities we can leave for her so she can stay entertained when we arent here?

(Obligatory pictures of Mabel because she is a gorgeous girl!)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG1372.jpg
  • IMAG1357.jpg

• Bluerose16 and RascalDog like this

#2 Bluerose16

Bluerose16

Premier

• 237 posts
  • 23 thanks

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:49 AM

She is just gorgeous.  Our Melody gets frustrated at times being kept indoors.  Not due to deafness, but she has not liked any toy we have gotten in the past 6 years.  She has a very short attention span with them.  I do try to play with her every night before bed with string or "bird" toy.  Bird feeder "cat TV" does keep her entertained quite a bit.  So I apologize for not knowing the magic toy that will work. 

Posted Image

#3 CrazycatladyK

CrazycatladyK

Kitten

• 47 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

The only toy my Maine Coon and rescues consistently play with are the toy springs you can buy.
They use their scratching post and cat tree. But it’s the springs they go nuts for. 2e46efe6aa513879f06b0e3f46a74174.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users