• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CrazycatladyK

CrazycatladyK

Kitten

• 47 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

Can anyone help me. I have a jumbo litter box I got from the pet store. My baby is as large as box. She is almost 6 months. She is the same length from corner to corner of the box. What am I suppose to do?? What are ppl using or suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Ladybellac17 likes this

#2 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

I'd wait till bathtubs go on sale at Home Depot

The thing is not size as much as it is design. I've seen a very shallow huge one that won't last a week because it's too low sides. Ollie uses the largest size from Petco with hood and it works. He's 20 lb. When he visits we have one from PetSmart with high sides, works fine.

#3 Bluerose16

Bluerose16

Premier

• 244 posts
  • 23 thanks

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:03 AM

We found an appropriate one at Tractor Supply.

Posted Image

#4 bigmacattack

bigmacattack

Kitten

• 15 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

Mac is just shy of a year and he is our first Maine Coon, but so far we've had a lot success with this one: https://www.petsmart...tml?cgid=200153

It's a Whisker City box, dimensions are 34 x 19 inches wide with a depth of 10 inches. You lose a couple of inches of "box space" for the side compartment (which we use to store the scooper brush and plastic bags). I have heard of other people using plastic storage bins as well, but can't speak to that as a routine use (we've only used it when travelling). Good luck!

• Bluerose16 likes this

#5 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

Here's what we use.

This is when Ollie visits:

https://www.petsmart...tml?cgid=200153

Permanent litter box:

https://www.proteinf...ed-oval-hooded/
  • Bluerose16 likes this

#6 CrazycatladyK

CrazycatladyK

Kitten

• 47 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have one similar to what Cognitive uses when Ollie visits. I have 3 cats that use the same litter box. I clean it daily. It just seems that my Maine Coon is as long as the box. From corner to corner and has a hard time moving about. She steps back after doing her business. And she cant maneuver around. Maybe it’s my imagination. Or she is just still young and hasn’t figured it out.

Since you all seem to be using relatively the size boxes. I’ll keep using what I have. Thanks again.

#7 Ladybellac17

Ladybellac17

Kitten

• 30 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:13 AM

Can anyone help me. I have a jumbo litter box I got from the pet store. My baby is as large as box. She is almost 6 months. She is the same length from corner to corner of the box. What am I suppose to do?? What are ppl using or suggestions??

Hi i use a big sterelite clear plastic tub it work great!!!! They learn to climb in and it also helps no pebbles on floor because tub is tall. Got it at walmart 8.99 pic attached so you can see.9ba2f9ae700e19de39f465979a9a67f4.jpg

#8 Kels

Kels

Kitten

• 16 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:40 PM

This is what we are using for Winston.... I can't remember the exact dimensions but as you can see it is a GIANT Tupperware storage box. They don't sell litter boxes big enough, as I'm sure you've already noticed :lol

To be honest... He's almost too big for this box too. But it's gonna have to do for now as our washroom isn't big enough!! Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20180924_134501.jpg

• Bluerose16 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users