• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CrazycatladyK

CrazycatladyK

Kitten

• 47 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

I know I’m always posting some question. But all you guys are so helpful.

So here is my current situation. Khaleesi is almost 6 months and suddenly now. She is puking after she eats her wet food. And sometimes the dry. Not every time but this has been going on and off for 2 weeks now.

I have been feeding her the same brand food since I’ve had her. Which is Purina One, Grain Free pate. The chicken, Beef and now Turkey flavors.

First it was the beef flavor she got sick on... and she was eating chicken flavor fine. So I stopped giving her the beef. Now it’s the chicken flavor she got sick on... so I am now giving her the Turkey flavor.
So far she has been ok.

The question is... how do I know if it’s the flavor, brand or something totally different? I certainly wouldn’t mind changing brands. But I’m concerned she is going to start to get the “runs” if I start changing food around.

If it’s the flavors... well I have no idea how to get around that one. Because she wasn’t really fond of the fish flavor food.

Side note: I have tried to give her the beef weeks after the initial puking incident. And she ate a few bites and then puked immediately. So I know beef is definitely out.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is my kitty just special 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

Try feeding less but more often. That usually works best.

#3 bigmacattack

bigmacattack

Kitten

• 14 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Is it vomiting or regurgitation? Sorry I know that sounds weird. Regurgitation tends to happen if the cat is eating too fast (they eat and almost immediately open their mouths and spit out what they just ate). Usually there is no retching or gagging when they're regurgitating. Regurgitation is usually to do with eating too much at once or too fast; you could try specially shaped bowls to slow her down, smaller portions more frequently, things like that. I believe if they have a lot of fur sitting in their stomach that can be a cause of regurgitation as well. Vomiting may occur after eating or later on, and is usually accompanied by gagging or retching (that kind of cough-y sound). Vomiting could be sensitivity, infection, allergies... a lot of different things.

You could try the smaller portions and see if that helps. I would consider confining to her a room and trying her on a different brand (just so that if she does get the runs it's contained to a room). If it persists, I wonder if a vet might be able to give more insight.

Wishing you the best of luck!

• CrazycatladyK likes this

#4 CrazycatladyK

CrazycatladyK

Kitten

• 47 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

I did switch her food to Royal Canin sensitive digestion. So far so good. The vomiting stopped and no diarrhea. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I’m hoping that this did the trick. Time will tell!!

Thanks again for all your suggestions!! This forum is fantastic. All you guys are so helpful❣️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users