• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Ollie and mommy are repatriating to a city known for its historic preservation of older buildings. She scored an awesome renovated apartment that really captures the time period. Unfortunately...

It's all hardwood floors.

So... How do we deal with this? I mean, she cuts his nails weekly but a 20 pounder has talons... She's getting some area rugs but there is no carpet anywhere. Litter box will likely be hidden in an Ikea hack, but still... I think it's prefinished laminate.

Still to be resolved, cat TV (bird feeders)...
  • Bluerose16 and RascalDog like this

#2 CrazycatladyK

CrazycatladyK

Kitten

• 47 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

I doubt it will be that big of a deal. Is he the only cat in the household?

I just got Vinyl flooring recently. Looks exactly like hard wood. All my cats were use to carpet. Obviously it’s not true wood. But I can’t see him really scratching up the floors.

If the apartment was just renovated. I’m sure the landlord made sure it was scratch resistant flooring. Just for the fact that it a rental. I don’t know if he is the only cat in the household but I have 4 cats. They run and chase each other and slide all over the place... I have yet to see any damage.

I will tell you that I put some throw rugs down and my youngest cats seem to think it’s a great hiding place for toys. I constantly come home to flipped up rugs. So I wouldn’t get anything too expensive right away. Until you know how he will react to the floor rugs. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 cognitive

cognitive

Grand champion

• 763 posts
  • 50 thanks

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

He's the only cat and the floors are about 4 years old. I know the under carpet hiding spot part, Ollie does that too.

Now for an Ikea hack to hide the litter box...
  • CrazycatladyK likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users