• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ezbreezy

Ezbreezy

Kitten

• 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:47 AM

Hi All! I'm taking my two Maine Coon kitties to get neutered tomorrow. I'll be honest, my vet isn't the most helpful around (I'll probably be looking for a new one after the surgery) and wasn't really interested in answering my questions before the surgery!

Do you recommend doing the blood work and IV fluids during a neutering? Both male kittens are a few weeks over the 6 month mark and in most places I've looked it says that it's not required for males. I want to make sure I'm doing everything right by my little guys but I live in California and don't want to pay any unnecessary costs if I don't need to. Please advise :)

#2 RascalDog

RascalDog

Alpha cat

• 332 posts
  • 51 thanks

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

"Preanesthetic Bloodwork" is listed on the invoice from when we had Wile E neutered. I don't see anything for IV fluids though.

#3 spenserp

spenserp

Kitten

• 28 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

I have never heard of IV fluids being necessary for a neuturing. That surgery if done right should be quick and not super invasive so I'm not sure why they would be needed. I could see if it was a major surgery but not something so routine.. Then again i am not a Vet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users