I'm hoping I get some advice here about my MC girl who is 2 months shy of being 4 years old.
Last year I noticed that her hair has been thinning at the base of her tail. At her last visit to the vet approx 3 months ago the vet told us it is probably allergy to something and let's start eliminating the cause. First he said we should eliminate pollen as we were coming into winter (we are based in UK) if it gets worse we know it's not that. Almost 3 months have gone and I noticed this week that her fur has become very thin on her sides also. I have tried to take pictures of it but it's only really visible when she stands and when she sees the camera she wouldn't stay still.
A few additional notes:
- no change in appetite or in her nature. She still seems happy and comes for cuddles.
- grooms a lot. Always has. Much more than her MC step brother
- She has a few scabs from scratching which she also does a lot.
- She got flees when she got in contact with a dog at 5 months old . Since than she gets regular flee treatment. The flees seem to have gone.
- used to be on Advocate monthly. 3 months ago changed to another product that the vet administers every 3 months. (I need to get the name of it. I changed to this as I didn't want to torture her monthly with Advocate. She knew when it was due and hid from me a day or two before due date - I know she is very smart )
- fussy eater - used to eat Royal Canine only as wet and dry food; the past year she would only touch Purina One for wet and royal canine as dry. Recently I started buying RC Vet Care Nutrition - skin & coat and she seems to like it so I buy more to see if that helps her a bit.
Has anyone's MC had the same or similar problem? Any suggestion what it might be?